Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Apple Chips!

A new friend of mine is kind of a healthy person like me.  Or like I try to be.  Darned southern food gets in my way... (and cooking shows and great restaurants around here.)  She posted a while back about some chips she made from apples.  Now I have ONE kid who doesn't like to eat fruit.  I also have one kid who will eat fruit until you make him stop. So, I thought I could try this right? Because after all it's both a fruit and a junk food in name!

How do you make apple chips?

Take a big piece of foil and cover your baking sheet.  Spray with cooking spray.  Thinly slice a freshly cored and peeled apple and lay pieces of apple all over baking sheet.  For me one large apple covered the entire sheet.  Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 275 for 1 hour, flip all pieces and bake 30-60 minutes more.  Depending on how thin you slice these, will depend on the final amount of time.  I used a Pampered Chef tool to make this happen for me- the apple peeler corer slicer.  :) peels, cores, and slices the apples for me all in one!

My kids ALL ate them and loved them. I will be making more.

As an aside, my husband reminds me as he's leaving to go work out that we own a dehydrator! ( I married him and discovered this thing we had, which I swore we would never use and threatened over the last few years to get rid of... now I might have to eat my words!) So I will be trying this next with a dehydrator! Wahoo for new recipes! Thanks Liana!

Here's a recipe if you need one to link to... it's essentially the same... Apple Chips and her picture since mine are en route to Melissa, TX with my oldest and my husband.  :) Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment