Friday, March 1, 2013

A Little Perspective

Maybe I am at a point in my life where I am redefining what is really "worth it" and what really isn't that important any more.  (apparently spelling or my ability to type isn't that great anymore because I have corrected 3 misspellings in that one sentence!!!)

I remember a friend of mine saying once in the 90's (I was like 4 years old then) that relationships start at home, around the table.  Thanks to Brenda Mikus for reminding me of this. I am still reminded.

Last night, we ate Wendy's. Yes I had my husband go to Wendy's and buy burgers.  I thought I might try to pass off Mooyah burgers as my own.  I didn't really enjoy dinner, though I was glad to not have to make it.  I kept thinking the whole time- I could have made a dynamite burger but instead we are eating this.  Greasy, fast food, tons of carbs.  Insert pout.

Some of my best memories as a kid are of things we did as a family.  Dinner was always one of them.  We ate macaroni and cheese a lot.  A.LOT. and green beans, and pineapples.  And Tuna noodle casserole and hamburger casserole.  These are GREAT memories.

So, Wendy's wasn't a memory making meal night.  But that's okay.  I am not going to sweat it- not today.  The weekend is upon us. ONE Soccer game this weekend is all we have.  My husband will work more on his workbench that he is building.  I will maybe touch up the baseboards, dust the vent returns, and snuggle with my kiddos.  In the grand scheme of things, if my vents don't get deep cleaned, or my baseboards continue to show dollops of tan wall paint on them, it will not be the end of my existence.

I was chatting with my mom this morning about some very unfortunate events happening in the life of my Dad and his journey to put to rest the estate nightmare of his Dad's recent passing.  During that conversation, which only made me mad at some family members and sad for my Dad, it reminded me of this video I watched in Marlow about God.  Louie Giglio is an excellent speaker.  Louie could read the phone book to me and I would learn something meaningful.

This video has nothing to do with cooking.  But it has everything to do with what is really important in life.  I hope you will take a few minutes and watch it.  Share this with friends, and get back around your own table- with Wendy's if you must, and start remembering that the big things in your life are so small.  The people around you are so important.  More so than vent returns and tan paint on your baseboards.

Watch and love... Louie Giglio "How Great is Our God"

No comments:

Post a Comment