Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Yesterday it was windy and cold.  It was a great excuse to make some soup!  As per the norm, I was at a loss for what to make... so I started with Food Network. I remembered seeing a recipe for someone's chicken tortilla soup, and I should have printed it off right then. But I didn't.  So I searched for recipes and ended up with this one.  And it was a good one!  So I'm sharing it with you!

Tricia's Chicken Tortilla Soup

Two things I think are important to note: 1. You do not have to use cream of chicken soup in this.  With over 90 oz of liquid, a 15 oz can of creamy soup isn't going to flavor it up much and it won't really thicken this soup.  You can leave this out.  If you must, add a few chicken bouillon cubes! 2.  Half and half can very well be substituted for any milk you have.  In fact, I would recommend that you use more low sodium chicken broth and less milk.  This soup is pretty soupy so if you prefer it to be less liquidy then I would reduce the milk by half.

I DID use a fajita seasoning mix.  I didn't have a recipe for that readily available, so I did a quick fix.  I will be finding one today.  Felt guilty the whole time.  BUT, it was good.

The "heat" will come from your salsa.  I used a medium Clint's salsa.  Clint's is the best in my opinion.  But use whoever you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment