Friday, February 8, 2013

Scones for Breakfast

I grew up eating cereal for breakfast.  Cereal is good- just check the entire AISLE at any local store.  It's literally an entire one side of an aisle and usually the oatmeal section (a huge section) is opposite the cereal along with breakfast bars etc... But sometimes, I just don't want cereal.  Know what I mean?

A few years ago, I bought a Kids in the Kitchen cook book for me and my oldest daughter to cook together.  This was a Pampered Chef publication, and I loved all the recipes in it.  How fun to use actual recipes that kids CAN make with you.  One of the recipes in that book was for Scones.  A very good recipe.  We used to make them all the time when it was just her and me.

Here's a scone.

Scones are a sweet breakfast biscuit.  They can  have chocolate or dried fruit in them and are basically fantastic.  We prefer Chocolate. After all, if you are going to make a biscuit, it's a special occasion and Chocolate was made for special times.  Or is it that chocolate makes any time special.  Whatever.  We eat chocolate.

At Christmas a couple of years ago (2010) my MOM made some scones for us.  They were even better than the Pampered Chef recipe.  That is really hard to top in my opinion! Pampered Chef recipes ALWAYS taste good.  Always.  Hands down.  Just ask Nicole.  She sells PC and frankly, you need to get to know her. Click her name and order everything in the catalog.  It's better this way.

So prey tell, you say, where is this really awesome recipe? It's HERE.  I completely forgot to tell you about myrecipes.com!  I know you will forgive me, as it was just a small oversight.  This is a really great conglomerate of recipes from many magazines like Cooking Light, Coastal Living (really we all need to move to the pictures in that magazine!), Southern Living, Food and Wine, and Real Simple just to name a few.

So go and make scones.  Oh and if you don't have a pastry blender, use 2 forks.  Easy peasey.  AND as a confession, I don't brush the tops of my scones with milk before baking.  Who's got time (or a pastry brush) for that! This mama has hungry kiddos- might be hangry even! Go bake!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment