Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chicken that is NOT dry

I decided to try another Skillet Dinner from my Cook's Illustrated magazine.  It was a huge success.

I don't know about you, but I tend to make variations of dry chicken.  The recipe might say differently, but usually, I end up with Dry Chicken pot pie, or Super Dry Baked Chicken etc... you catch my drift.

So Skillet BBQ chicken was a success.

Here's all you have to do:

Rinse and pat dry with paper towels 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts.  Salt and pepper them on both sides.  Add a little oil to the bottom of a heavy skillet or pan that is oven safe *I used my cast iron pot* on medium high.  Sear both sides of the chicken for 2 minutes each side.  Remove from pan, add 1 1/2 cups to 1 3/4 cups of your favorite bbq sauce (the recipe in CI has a make it yourself bbq sauce that I kindly skipped) in the pan you just had the chicken in.  Add back in the bbq sauce and make sure to coat the chicken well.  Adjust your oven rack to upper medium height and then bake at 325 for 10-14 minutes.

Delish.  Soft, tender, which means the same thing, and juicy.  Yummy.

I can scan and send the recipe if you need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment