Monday, February 25, 2013

Something fishy...

I normally don't gravitate towards fish. Well, I like the aquarium at Cabela's and other larger ones.  They have fish that are pretty to look at.  But when it comes to fish on a plate, I tend to turn up my nose.  I am allergic to shellfish so I just have avoided ALL fish.  I am sorry to those fish I am excluding.  That's just the way it is.

As a kid, fish sticks were the best, though.  So maybe I can ease back into fish eating if I start with something kids love.  Mostly breaded and maybe a little white flakey fishy taste in there too, this type of fish is doable.  I am not a fish person really. Did I mention that? I have had and loved Snapper soup in my 20's and of course, on a few dates I ate fish, also in my 20's because you cannot order chicken at a fish place right? Well I do now, but that's beside the point.  I can safely say I have been fish free in my 30's.  Wooo hoooo.

Giada De Laurentiis
So, I am trying to ease my way into making fish because it is good for you.  I found a recipe that I just might try to make this week.  It's called Parmesan Fish Sticks.  Giada makes it.  And you know if Giada makes it, it's good.  I cannot even begin to know where to get a good piece of fish since we live in the middle of the state, where we do not have fresh fish markets like they do at the coast.  SO, I will start asking around.

In the mean time, here's the recipe (again)!  Someone make it before I do and tell me it's awesome.  The recipe says 21 minutes start to finish.  I think that can work for us busy food preparers, right? It will help my confidence when it comes to fish if you make it first.  Really, it will.




No comments:

Post a Comment