Friday, February 22, 2013

Crock Pot Roast

I haven't been feeling well these last few days, so after a strategic trip to Sam's Club yesterday, sans list of what I needed, I came home with a few pounds of Chuck Roast.  A fireman once told me, as did an ancient meat cutter, that Chuck is the best for roasting.

So to a crock pot on low I added the following:

  • 2.75 lb chuck roast
  • 2 cups water
  • a half a bag of baby carrots
  • one large white onion cut in quarters 
  • 4 stalks celery cut in half once
  • salt 
  • pepper
Pop on the lid and wait 6-8 hours.  So the roast went in at 945 am and will be ready about 5pm ish.  I will know it is ready when I can pull it apart with a fork. 

To make clean up easy, I always use a crock pot liner.  You can find these roasting bags called Crock Pot Liners made by Reynolds in and around the baggie and foil section of your grocery store.  It's like a turkey roasting bag but made for the crock pot.  I love it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment