Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chicken Breasts Tamed

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time getting chicken to cook "right".  It's usually some form of dry.  Lately, I have been experimenting with cooking methods for chicken breasts, and I finally did ONE right.

Here's how: On the stove top!  I heated a little oil (of your choice is great) in the bottom of a 12 inch skillet on medium high.  I salted and peppered both sides of a boneless chicken breast and placed it in the skillet.  Let cook without moving it for 5-6 minutes.  Then flip and cook on the other side.  The salt and pepper were a good seasoning, though you could add some of the taco seasoning from last post, or any flavors you like- garlic salt and seasoned salt or whatever you like.  Leaving the breast in place creates a good seared outside where it browns some and adds extra flavor.

I used this chicken in my chicken enchiladas the other night.  There's nothing like wanting to make a chicken dish, only to have to boil it or worse, thaw it out and then start cooking!  I found this method to be just right. Before, I wasn't getting the pan hot enough.  You really do need to make sure your pan is hot!


No comments:

Post a Comment