Monday, January 28, 2013

Here we go again

I have found my outlet for many things is in making good food. I really tried to be a stamping crafter, and I even tried scrap booking. I have the stuff to prove it. In my attic. Please. I just have to say this: I have 3 kids. ONE of them has their first year in pictures scrapped.  Sorry guys, you will just have to find your pictures on my computer when I die.  That's just the way it will be.  I am not really a home decorator, though Pinterest sometimes makes me think I am.  I would LOVE to make those cute cards and paper crafts like some of my favorite friends.  But I  need a second bank roll for that hobby.

I have NO formal training in the Culinary Arts. Sorry about that. If you were hoping to learn some secret skilz from a pro, I hate to disappoint. But in my defense, I DO have a grandmother who could make a 5 course meal out of 3 cans of green beans, fruit roll ups and left over hot dogs.  And it would be delicious, every time. That counts for something, you know.

I get my love of recipes and food from her. I know I do because recently she gave me a truck load of cook books.  They were OLD.  In almost every book I found newspaper clippings stuffed in it's bindings and magazine recipes used as book marks! My oldest daughter had the nerve to ask me why I was putting recipes in Granny's old books like that! It was then that I realized something profound: she does it too. She collected recipes like I do!  The proverbial "they" say you should do what you love. So I cook.

As an aside, I also love clothes, but let's be honest.  I'm not really super model material, and I decided to marry for love, not money, so that whole shop til you drop thing wasn't going to work out. Smart move on my part really. BUT, I love to make food. Just ask ALL 3 of my friends.  Maybe there are 2 friends.  But you can just ask them. I also love hospitality. I love to eat food. That's a fact, not a confession.

So now, I'm in a new town, making new friends! So here births this new blog about FOOD. How to cook food. Where to start with making good food.  So many mamas I meet just want to cook easy recipes with real food. I know you love you some cream of chicken or mushroom soup casserole type foods.  But in the long run, there's your health, how it affects your kids attitudes, and then there's your thighs to consider.  SO, how do you make good tasting food, that tastes like bad for you food, and not gain weight? That's a really big deal right now.  Just ask my cousin. She's a professional food blog person.

I think there's something inside us all that wants to feed our family something good, homemade, and NOT McDonalds every night while we are on the go that doesn't require our crock pot EVERY.STINKING.NIGHT. Or at least I am like that.  And so it goes.  Here I am again, 3ish years later blogging about GOOD food.

I'm not making your dinner FOR you anymore, but I CAN help you make good choices, find some great recipes, make sure you own the gadgets you NEED, and make life simpler. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment